Saturday, February 07, 2009

Fireproof & Kennedy Creek

Melis & I rented Fireproof from Redbox last night. Once you get past the slightly cheesy acting, we highly recommend it. Cleared out our lacrimal systems quite nicely. My favorite quote (roughly): 'Tomato juice!?!? Man, you gotta know there are some serious repercussions to that!'
After doing our taxes this morning (yeah for refunds!), to stretch our legs, we went to Kennedy Creek. A few months ago we went there to see all the salmon coming back upstream. We saw a few very decomposed carcasses today, but otherwise enjoyed the whole area to ourselves. Abee has been enjoying 'scaring us' by poking her head around a corner and saying 'BOO'.
Matty enjoyed the stream while Abee enjoyed trying to throw rocks. She still throws like a very little girl. . .but I'm working on that ;-)
Gotta love those shaggy trees.

We were woken up at exactly midnight last night to the noise of music. It took us a minute to figure out where it was coming from, but upon closer inspection, it ended up being from Abigail's room - she must have flipped a switch on her alarm clock/radio sometime yesterday. As I opened the door to her room, I realised the music was actually a lot louder than what it sounded like from our bedroom. I was prepared to find her crying and needing a big daddy-hug. Turning off the music, I found her very much awake, but with a grin on her face & clapping her hands to the rhythm! I re-wrapped her, and she fell right back asleep. That little girl does love her music.

No comments: